Last weeks Falls Farm CSA box was filled with delicious and organic vegetables for you and your family, this week we wanted to give you a nice dinner recipe that used most of the items in that CSA box
There are few things more comforting than a tray full of roasted vegetables and succulent chicken. The aroma that fills your kitchen as they cook is just a teaser for the delicious meal you’re about to enjoy. Not only is this dish flavorful, but it’s also packed with nutrients, making it a fantastic choice for a family dinner or a dinner party with friends.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 Eggplants, diced
- A handful of Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional for a cheesy finish)
Instructions to Whet Your Appetite:
- Preparation is Key: Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). This ensures that everything cooks evenly and at the right temperature.
- Toss and Mix: In a spacious mixing bowl, combine the sliced onions, bell peppers, eggplants, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil, then add garlic, salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Layering Time: Transfer your seasoned vegetables to a large baking dish, spreading them out to form a delicious bed for your chicken. Place the chicken breasts on top. Drizzle them with some olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, and a hint of dried oregano.
- Let the Oven Do Its Magic: Pop the baking dish into your preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the chicken is thoroughly cooked and your veggies are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Cheese Lovers Rejoice: For those who adore a cheesy finish, sprinkle your dish with some grated Parmesan cheese about 5 minutes before it’s done baking.
- Rest and Serve: Once cooked, let it sit for a few minutes outside the oven. This helps the juices redistribute. Then, serve it up and enjoy the symphony of flavors!
This Roasted Vegetable and Chicken Bake isn’t just a treat for your taste buds; it’s also a visual delight. The vibrant colors of the vegetables contrast beautifully with the golden brown of the chicken, making it as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. Whether you’re cooking for yourself, your family, or guests, this dish is sure to be a hit.